"people who are kneaded by people are the luckiest people in the world"
data protection notice
For the purposes of the GDPR, Belinda Knox, trading as Kneading People (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you:
Kneading People collects personal information when you enquire about our work, submit an on line form or use any of our other services.
In order to create a client record for you we have a legitimate interest to process the following data. Your name, address, contact telephone number, email address, GP name and contact details.
This data will be collected when you book appointments, or as part of your consultation or in correspondence with you.
In order to ensure that you receive appropriate care we may also obtain sensitive personal data about you. Data is processed in order to fulfil our role as healthcare practitioners.
How we use your personal data
- to help us identify you;
- appointment administration;
- keeping in touch and marketing new services;
- to notify you of any changes to our services that may affect you;
- improving our services;
- to collect feedback after a booking;
Keeping in touch, marketing and opting out
We may contact you by email, SMS, mail, telephone, text/picture/video message about hints and tips, blogs, special offers, updates, new services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See below for further information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to the therapist who will be your Kneader. They also may gather data on each client within the booking.
We may also disclose your personal data to a replacement therapist - either temporary or permanent.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data in a secure filing system where access to it is limited.
- information given over the internet is protected by firewalls and virus protection ware together with passwords on the computers storing this data.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing to the data controller as detailed above;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- specify the personal data you want access to.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you and;
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you ;
- the particular method you wish to curtail.
Retention of data
We will retain your data and consultation notes for a minimum period of 1 year following your last session. After this period has expired your data will be securely destroyed.
You have the right to request that the data we hold about you is destroyed before this time period expires and should you wish to exercise this option you should make a written request.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at 3 Hart Gardens, Dorking, Surrey RH41JT
If you do not agree to the processing of your data as detailed above then we may not be able to provide you with on site acupressure work. Before embarking on a treatment please acknowledge that you understand our manner of working and that you are in agreement with these.